On October 24, 2021, Texas Retina Associates’ Ashkan M. Abbey, MD, will serve on a distinguished panel of presenters from across the country for a Retina World Congress continuing medical education (CME) event called “Macular Trials: the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.”
Targeted to retina specialists, comprehensive ophthalmologists, retina fellows and residents, the CME will cover the following objectives:
- How clinical trial results differentiate treatments based on functional, anatomic, and visual outcomes
- Sequencing and combining therapies appropriately based on response to anti-VEGF and other patient-specific factors
- Evaluating innovative therapies and delivery systems based on their ability to improve durability and maintain visual outcomes
- Use of imaging to diagnose patients with dry age-related macular degeneration (AMD) and differentiate geographic atrophy (GA) from other forms of AMD
- Identifying patients who would be suitable candidates for gene-replacement therapy
Physicians can learn more about this event and register here.