Christopher G. Fuller, MD
Areas of Focus | Vitreoretinal Surgery, Medical Retina
Office Locations | Lubbock
Certification | American Board of Ophthalmology
Languages Spoken | English
“Every day, I am humbled, honored and privileged to be entrusted with making critical, sight-saving decisions on behalf on my patients; I thank them for that confidence. And I feel fortunate and empowered to do so with the backing of one of the most revered vitreoretinal practices in the country— Texas Retina.”
Medical and Surgical Retina
Texas Retina Associates
University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
Texas A&M Scott & White Hospital
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Society of Retina Specialists
- Vit-Buckle Society
- Texas Medical Association
- Lubbock County Medical Society
- Visiting Faculty, SEE International
- Surgical retinal videography
- Sutureless FOV (Floaters Only Vitrectomy)
- Surgical missions to varied corners of the developing world
- Williams PD, Fuller CG, et al.: Vision Loss Associated with the Use and Removal of Intraocular Silicone Oil. Clinical Ophthalmology, February 2009. (https://www.dovepress.com/articles.php?article_id=2861)
- Fuller, CG: ASRS Featured Video of the Month – Iatrogenic Retinal Detachment Inflicted During 25-Gauge Air-to-Fluid Exchange. American Society of Retinal Specialists Innovative Surgical Video Series, October 2014.
- Fuller, CG: Four-Headed Retinal Surgical Monster- RP + ERM + FTMH + RD. American Society of Retinal Specialists Innovative Surgical Video Series, March 2014. https://vimeo.com/68461757
- Helveston EM, Cherwek DH, Smallwood L, Orge F, Fuller CG, Aggarawal E. ORBIS Telemedicine Question of the Week.
- Garrison, Trey. Vision Quest : A Dallas Eye Doctor Helps His Father See How They Can Change The World. D Magazine 18 : June 2007. (https://www.dmagazine.com/publications/d-magazine/2007/june/vision-quest/)
- “Fundus Autofluorescence,” Curso Internacional de Actualización; Guanajuato, Mexico (March, 2012). https://vimeo.com/30473365
- “Choroidal Melanoma,” John’s Eye Hospital; Jerusalem, Israel (February 2012).
- “On Floaters,” South Plains Optometric Society; Lubbock, TX (May 2017).
- “3D Digitally Assisted Vitrectomy,”South Plains Optometric Society; Lubbock, TX (May 2018)
- “Sundry Retinal Lectures,” Da Nang Eye Hospital; Da Nang, Vietnam (January 2008).
- 2018 Vit-Buckle Society Annual Meeting (Miami, Florida) – 2nd Place Surgical Video Competition; Fuller, CG: SKEYEFALL – A James Bondian Misadventure in Sutureless Scleral Lens Fixation.(https://vimeo.com/258261778)
- 2016 Vit-Buckle Society Annual Meeting (Miami, Florida) – 2nd Place Surgical Video Competition Fuller, CG: U Already Know – The Hole Didn’t Close. (https://vimeo.com/119724539)
- American Society of Retinal Specialists 2008 Film Festival (Maui, Hawaii) – Rhett Buckler Academy Award Winning Film (https://vimeo.com/6090387); Fuller CG, Anand R: Crouching Traction, Hidden Dagger : Judo-Chopping Your Way Through Nasty Tractional Detachments with the Fugo Blade.
- Visiting Surgeon with SEE International: Centre Ophthalmologique du Cap-Haitien- Cap Haitien, Haiti, April 2018
- Visiting Surgeon with ALCON Surgical: Susrut Eye Foundation- Kolkata, India, November – December 2016
- Visiting Surgeon/Lecturer: St. John’s Eye Hospital- Jerusalem, Israel, February 2012
- Founder, East Central Ministries Charitable Eye Clinic: Albuquerque, New Mexico, 2010-2011
- Visiting Ophthalmologist/Surgeon: Eglise Méthodiste d’Haiti – Petit Goáve, Haiti, November 2008
- Lead Ophthalmologist: ORBIS International – Accra, Ghana, August 2006)/Aleppo, Syria, April – May 2007