“I genuinely love what I do, especially bringing the latest sight-saving technology to my patients. My sister, who had a traumatic eye injury at age two, underwent cataract surgery while I was in medical school. I observed her surgery and knew then that I wanted to become an ophthalmologist. I am involved in many clinical trials and believe in providing these opportunities to my patients. I also believe that communication is the most critical part of the doctor-patient relationship and strive to listen to my patients and address all of their concerns.”
Emory University School of Medicine
Emory Eye Center
University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
THR Presbyterian Hospital of Dallas
University of New Mexico School of Medicine
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
– Subcommittee member POCP – Retina Vitreous Panel – 2014-present
- American Society of Retina Specialists
- Texas Medical Association
- Dallas County Medical Society
- Dallas Academy of Ophthalmology – President, 2013
- Dr. Coors serves as an Investigator in multiple clinical trials involving macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy, gene therapy and uveitis.
- Coors LC, Spencer WR. Delayed Presentation of Cytomegalovirus Retinitis in an
- Infant with Severe Congenital Cytomegalovirus I Retina 2010 Apr;30(4 Suppl):S59-62.
- Crago S, Coors L, Lapidus J, et al. Prehospital Treatment of Acute Asthma in a Rural State: What is Being Done in New Mexico? Annals of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology 1998; 81:322-325.
- Sapien RE, Lapidus J, Coors L, et al. Prehospital EMS Treatment of Pediatric Asthma and What Happens Before Help Arrives? Journal of Asthma 1997;34:477-481.
- Coors LE. Pneumatic Retinopexy: an Analysis of Outcomes and Cost Effectiveness. Paper presented at UT Southwestern Medical Center Alumni Research Day, Dallas, TX, June 2002.
- Coors LE. Patient Administered Pressure Phosphene Tonometry: Accuracy Versus Goldmann Applanation Tonometry for Determination of Intraocular Pressure in Normal and Glaucoma Patients. Paper presented at UT Southwestern Medical Center Alumni Research Day, Dallas, TX, June 2002.
- Coors LE. Canalicular Lacerations: A Review of Epidemiology and Treatment at three hospitals within the Dallas Metropolitan Area. Paper presented at UT Southwestern Medical Center Alumni Research Day, Dallas, TX, June 2001.
- Wood MG, Coors LE, Qualls C. Quantitative Measurement of Ductions Using the Goldmann [Abstract 2128] IOVS 1999;40:S404.
- Rowland JM, Farnath DA, Coors LE, et al. Endogenous Circadian Behavior of IOP in Humans. [Abstract 2640] IOVS 1999;40:S500.
- Coors LE, McWilliams BC, Lapidus JA, et al. Impact of an Asthma Management Program on Lung Function and Asthma Morbidity in Children in Rural New Mexico. Journal of Investigative Medicine 1998;46:150A. Presented at American Federation for Medical Research, Western Regional Meeting, Carmel, CA, 1998
- Faculty Award for Excellence, University of New Mexico School of Medicine,1999
- Faculty Commendation for Research, University of New Mexico School of Medicine, 1999
- Member, Community Partners of Dallas