“It is an honor and privilege to be able to enter into patients’ lives and be a part of helping restore and maintain vision. I believe in individualized care and compassion for the whole person.”
Texas Retina Associates
Kellogg Eye Center
University of Michigan
Ann Arbor, Michigan
St. Joseph Mercy Hospital
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Harvard Medical School
- American Society of Retina Specialists
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Texas Medical Association
- Dallas Academy of Ophthalmology
- Dallas County Medical Society
- Intravitreal injections
- Retinal detachments
- Williams PD, Chong D, Fuller T, Callanan D. Noninfectious Vitritis After Intravitreal Injection of Anti-VEGF Agents: Variations in Rate and Presentation by Medication. Retina. 2016;36(5):909-13.
- Chong DY, Fuller DG. The Declining Use of Scleral Buckling with Vitrectomy for Primary Retinal Detachments. Arch Ophthalmol. 2010;128(9):1206-7.
- Chong DY, Anand R, Williams PD, Qureshi J, Callanan DG. Characterization of Sterile Intraocular Inflammatory Responses After Intravitreal Bevacizumab I Retina. 2010;30(9):1432-40.
- Chong DY, Johnson MW, Shen D, Chan C, Callanan DG. Vitreous Metastases of Primary Cutaneous B-cell Lymphoma. Ocul Immunol Inflamm. 2009;17(5)342-4.
- Chong DY, Johnson MW, Huynh TH, Hall EF, Comer GM, Fish DN. Vitreous Penetration of Orally Administered Famciclovir. Am J Ophthalmol. 2009;148:38-42.
- Chong DY, Johnson MW. Vitelliform Macular Detachment Associated with Basal Laminar Drusen is Unresponsive to Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor B Retinal Cases and Brief Reports. 2009;3:50-53.
- Chong DY, Boehlke CS, Zheng QD, Zhang L, Han Y, Zacks DN. Interleukin-6 as a Photoreceptor Neuroprotectant in an Experimental Model of Retinal D Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2008;49:3193-3200.
- Chong DY, Comer GM, Trobe JD. Optic Disc Edema, Cystoid Macular Edema, and Elevated Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor in a Patient with POEMS Syndrome. J Neuroophthalmol. 2007;27:180-183.
- Chong DY, Demirci H, Ronan S, Flint A, Elner VM. Orbital Rhabdomyosarcoma in Li-Fraumeni Arch Ophthalmol. 2007;125:566-569.
- Chong DY, Hirunwiwatkul P, McKeever PE, Trobe JD. Papilledema in Obstructive Hydrocephalus Caused by Giant Cell Astrocytoma of Tuberous S J Neuroophthalmol. 2007;27(1):50-54.
- Chong DY, Anand R, Callanan DG. “Characterization of Sterile Intraocular Inflammatory Responses After Intravitreal Bevacizumab I” Retina Congress, October, 2009.
- Chong DY, Johnson MW, Huynh TH, Hall EF, Comer GM, Fish DN. “Vitreous Penetration of Orally Administered Valacyclovir and Famciclovir.” American Society of Retinal Specialists, October, 2008.
- Chong DY, Huynh TH, Musch D, Elner SE. “The Effects of Anti-Platelet and/or Anti-Coagulation Therapy on the Success Rates of Photodynamic Therapy for Choroidal Neovascularization in Age-Related Macular Degeneration.” Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology, May 2007.
- Kim JA, Y eh D, V er MR, Li Y , Carranza MA, Harrington MA, Quon MJ. “Metabolic and Vascular Actions of Insulin May Be Impaired by Phosphorylation of IRS-1 at Ser24.” American Diabetes Association, June 2004.
- Yeh DC, Kim J, Harrington MA, Li Y, and Quon MJ. “Cross-talk Between Inflammatory and Metabolic Signaling Pathways Involving Serine Phosphorylation of IRS-1 by Mouse Pelle-like Kinase (mPLK).” Diabetes 2003;52(Suppl 2):A312.
- Yeh DC, Lopez M, Elmquist JK, Flier JS, Hollenberg AN. “In Vivo Analysis of Thyrotropin Releasing Hormone (TRH) Gene Transcription Using a Heteronuclear DNA Probe.” American Geriatrics Annual Meeting, May 2002.
- Who’s Who in Medicine Academia, 2011-present
- Chief Resident, Kellogg Eye Center, University of Michigan, 2007-2008
- George Slocum Resident Research Award (University of Michigan)
- 2007 Lecturers’ Professional Development Grant (University of Michigan)
- 2007 National Eye Institute Travel Grant, Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology
- Heed Ophthalmic Foundation Resident and Faculty Retreat 2006 Intern of the Month, Saint Joseph Mercy Hospital
- Assistant Professor, Medical and Surgical Diseases of the Vitreous, Retina, and Macula, Department of Ophthalmology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas