As the COVID-19 pandemic continues, please know that we continue to do everything we can to keep you safe while maintaining your retina care. All of our offices remain open, and our dedicated physicians and staff continue to care for patients. Some of our patients have asked about COVID-19 vaccinations. Please reference the Texas Department of Health and Human Services web site for the latest information about vaccine availability: https://www.dshs.texas.gov/coronavirus/immunize/vaccine.aspx.
We continue to have strict infection control and safety protocols in place, including mandatory masks for all of our physicians, patients and staff as well as the following:
- Any patient who is experiencing fever or flu-like symptoms, such as cough or shortness of breath, must reschedule their Texas Retina appointment and should contact their primary care provider.
- If you have come in contact with anyone who has COVID-19, please stay home for at least 14 days from the time you made contact and self-monitor.
- If you have recently traveled to any area with documented COVID-19 transmission, please stay home for at least 14 days from the time you left and self-monitor.
- If we suspect that you may have COVID-19, we reserve the right to arrange to send you to the nearest local hospital/healthcare facility that is equipped to deal with this condition. This is to provide you with immediate care as well as to ensure the safety of our doctors and staff.
- We are limiting exam areas to patients only unless the patient requires physical or language assistance. We recommend all other guests wait in their vehicles.
- We are doing our best to get patients into an exam room or private waiting area as soon as possible upon arrival to help meet the CDC’s recommendations for social distancing.
- Texas Retina has always maintained an infection control process, and we regularly sanitize our offices to prevent the spread of infection. We continue to do this more frequently using CDC recommended products.
- We are continuing to ensure that our care team members are vigilant about their own health, including staying home the proper amount of time if they are ill or have been exposed to someone who is.
As always, our team is available at 1-800-695-6941 to schedule appointments or answer any questions you may have.
Thank you again for your patience and understanding as we all navigate through this together.