Sponsored by Genentech, the Pagoda clinical trial is studying an investigational drug delivery system for diabetic macular edema (DME) treatment to see if it could result in fewer eye injections and eye doctor visits.
Through this study, Texas Retina Associates was one of the first in the United States to implant this new device. Both Ashkan M. Abbey, MD, and Patrick D. Williams, MD, are serving as Principal Investigators, and this clinical trial is available in our Dallas Main and Fort Worth offices.
Who Can Take Part?
We are looking for people to take part who (among other things):
- Are at least 18 years old
- Have been diagnosed with diabetic macular edema (DME) in at least one eye
- Have not had an intravitreal (into the eye) injection of any anti-VEGF therapy within 6 months of joining the study
What Else Should I Know?
- All study-related treatments and procedures will be provided at no cost to participants.
- Taking part in a clinical study is completely voluntary. You can change your mind at any time without any impact on your usual healthcare.