We know there are a lot of concerns and questions about the coronavirus disease 2019 also known as COVID-19. At Texas Retina Associates, we are monitoring this situation closely and continue to see patients as normal at all of our offices. We are and will continue to follow guidance and recommendations provided by the Texas Department of State Health Services and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC).
Please know that our physicians and staff are taking precautions to keep our patients as safe and healthy as possible. As always, we do ask that any Texas Retina patients experiencing fever or flu-like symptoms, such as cough or shortness of breath, see their primary care provider and reschedule their Texas Retina appointment once they are better. We also encourage everyone to follow the recommended CDC best practices to help decrease the spread of COVID-19, flu and other viruses:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.