Texas Retina Associates’ Ashkan Abbey, MD, recently published an article in the current issue of Retina Specialist that summarized the findings of five compelling clinical trial presentations from the American Academy of Ophthalmology’s (AAO) recent two-day Retina 2019 Subspecialty Day.
Dr. Abbey’s article highlighted the following recent retina research findings:
- Intravitreal gene therapy shows promise for one-time treatment of neovascular age-related macular degeneration.
- Cell therapy demonstrates signal for treatment of retinitis pigmentosa.
- A multivariate analysis identified two independent predictors of endophthalmitis after intravitreal anti-VEGF injections.
- Microsecond pulsing laser proves potential for treating chronic central serous chorioretinopathy.
- Widefield optical coherence tomography and ultra-widefield fluorescein angiography demonstrate roles for evaluating nonperfusion.
You can read Dr. Abbey’s full article here.