“I have been practicing retina for years, but I still wake up looking forward to going to the office and caring for my patients. My first goal with a patient is to inspire trust so that I can deliver the highest quality retina care possible. I believe the best visual outcomes are achieved when the patient and physician work together as a team.”
Retina and Vitreous Diseases
Bascom Palmer Eye Institute
University of Miami
with Karl Ossoinig, MD
University of Iowa
Iowa City, Iowa
with D. Jackson Coleman, MD
Columbia Presbyterian Hospital
New York, New York
University of California
San Francisco, California
University of Virginia
University of Virginia
Baylor College of Medicine
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Society of Retina Specialists
- Texas Medical Association
- Dallas County Medical Society
- Texas Ophthalmological Association
- A Principal Investigator for the Collaborative Ocular Melanoma Study
- Magan T, Khoo CT, Jabour PM, Fuller DG, Shields CL: Intra-arterial Chemotherapy for Adult Onset Retinoblastoma in a 32-Year-Old Man. J Pediatr Ophthalmol Strabismus 2016 Jul 30;50:e43-6.
- Chong DY, Fuller DG: The Declining Use of Scleral Buckling with Vitrectomy for Primary Retinal D Arch Ophthalmol 2010;128(9):1206-07.
- Fuller DG: Mechanical Dilation of the P In Vitreoretinal Surgical Techniques, Peyman GA, Meffert SA, Conway MD and Chou F. London: Martin Dunitz Ltd, 2001, 113-115.
- Leonard RE, Fuller DG: Preoperative Ophthalmic Echography and Electrophysiology. In Manual of Retinal Surgery, A. J. Decker, ed. Boston: Butterworth Heinemann, 2001, 11-22.
- Fuller, DG: Discussion. Comparison of Episcleral Plaque and Proton Beam Radiation Therapy for the Treatment of Choroidal Melanoma. Ophthalmology 1999;106:1587.
- Hutton WL, Fuller DG, Snyder WB, Fellman RL, Swanson WH: Visual Field Defect Following Macular Hole Surgery: A New Finding. Ophthalmology 1996;103(12):2152-9.
- Hutton WL, Fuller DG: Silicone Oil in the Treatment of Retinal Disease. Ophthalmology Clinics of North America. 1994;7:89-99.
- Hutton WL, Fuller DG: Retained Lens M In Duane’s Clinical Ophthalmology, Rasman W and Jaeger EA, eds. Philadelphia: J. B. Lippencott Company, 1994;6(65)1-9.
- Spencer R, Hutton WL, Fuller DG, Vaiser A, Snyder WB; Fish, GE, Jost BF: Limiting Applications of Cryotherapy for Severe Retinopathy of P Ophthalmic Surgery 1992;23:766-9.
- Gilliland GD, Hutton WL, Fuller DG: Retained Intravitreal Lens Fragments after Cataract Surgery. Ophthalmology 1992;99(9):1263-9.
- American Academy of Ophthalmology, Senior Honor Award, 1996
- The Best Doctors in America, 1998-2014
- Clinical Professor, Department of Ophthalmology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas